Carly at https://myhearinglossstory.wordpress.com/ recently nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. I met Carly when she read my blog about hearing loss. Carly herself experienced a sudden, severe and unexplained hearing loss and blogs about it at her site. As she describes this event in her posts, it is truly worth visiting to see how she is using a positive attitude to deal with this, while still trying to understand it all.
Since I have been nominated for this award in the past, I will not pass it on this time, but would like to thank Carly for her faith in my blog by telling 7 things about myself which is customary with this award.
- I was born on June 28th, 1943, but I don’t feel a day over 73.
- I weigh 192 pounds soaking wet, but the neighbors would prefer I didn’t run around naked in the rain.
- I am 6′ 4″ in height, so yes, they do pile it that high.
- I contributed to the Gross National Product for over 44 years, but now I am sucking the life out of it.
- I have been married 49 years tomorrow (April 7th). If we were Catholic, my wife would be a shoo-in for Sainthood.
- On top of all my other faults, I am a fan of the Philadelphia professional sports teams. Obviously, there is a masochistic gene running through my family.
- I have been blogging for over 6 years, which pretty much tells you how desperate WordPress is for contributors.